By Sheri Stritof
Being in a long distance marriage creates complications and can make a more difficult marriage. Here are some tips to keep your marriage strong, even if you do not live under the same roof
Difficulty :. Average
Time required: Varies
- The key, as in all the relationship is communication. Keep the lines of communication open on a daily basis. Send photos, another Skype, send text messages, short videos online or cloud computing.
- It is essential that you are both committed to each other and believe in your marriage really.
- Your long distance marriage will fail if there is a lack of trust between you.
- Although you are of each other, make time for each other. You can do so by sending a love letter, an email, write in a journal, day dreaming of your spouse, or to have a chat online or via text messages.
- Share your expectations about being apart. also share your expectations about being together again.
- Be honest about your concerns and fears about your separation.
- Consider having a daily dialogue with each other.
- keep a daily journal.
- Add another scented pillow or a shirt to help keep your presence with them.
- Plan a trip, a few days together, or a fun activity (other than sex) to when the two of you are back together.
- Enhance your online communication with electronic maps, music, poems, movies, and stories.
- with more opportunities to watch movies and online TV shows, you two could watch a show, then talk, talk, or text on it with the other.
- Send care packages each. other often
- Play online together
- Surprise each other from time to time with a phone call
- do not assume that infidelity occurs because of your physical separation. Most long-distance marriages should not face this heartache because of the love and commitment of spouses feel for each other.
- Since you can not read another's nonverbal communication, symbols or words to use or happy faces to describe your thoughts better.
- When you're back together, do not rush to get things done around the house immediately. Allow the spouse to return to have a little time to adjust to being home
What you need :.
- Sense of humor