By Sheri Stritof
19.02.08: Fidel Castro resigned his position as President of Cuba.
Although together for many years, Dalia and Fidel Castro are not married until 1980 in a quiet ceremony.> Here is information about their marriage, the children of Fidel and her other relationships.
Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz August 13, 1926 a farm called Birán, near the Bay of Nipe in the modern province of Holguin in Cuba. Some sources indicate the place of his birth near Mayari, in Oriente Province
Source :. History.ca
Dalia Soto del Valle to Born. Dalia mid-1940s is the southern city center of Trinidad
How Fidel and Dalia Turns :.
Dalia and Fidel met in 1961 during its literacy campaigns when she was secretary in the Union of Sugar Workers
Wedding Date :.
Fidel and Dalia were married quietly in 1980.
Fidel has eight children and a dozen grandchildren
- Fidel "Fidelito" Castro Diaz Balart :. Born on 1 September 1949. studied nuclear physics. His mother Mirta Diaz-Balart
- Alina Fernández Revuelta-:. Born March 3, 1956. His mother Natalia "Naty" Revuelta. It was a radio personality in Miami, Florida and is the author of Castro Girl :. Memory of the exile of Cuba
- Alexis Castro Soto del Valle: It is a computer programmer. His mother is Dalia Soto del Valle
- Alexander Castro Soto del Valle :. To Born. 1965. He is a computer systems manager. His mother is Dalia Soto del Valle
- Antonio Castro Soto del Valle. An orthopedic surgeon. His mother is Dalia Soto del Valle
- Angel Castro Soto del Valle :. To Born. 1975. He studied medicine. His mother is Dalia Soto del Valle
- Jorge Angel Castro. Born mid 1950. Her mother is Maria Laborde. Other sources give the name of his mother as Amparo. Jorge is married and has four children
Source :. The Real Fidel Castro by Leycester Coltman, page 100.
Fidel and Dalia live in Western Havana in a small complex of two at home with a tennis court and basketball
Professions :.Fidel :. President of Cuba, avocado
Dalia :. school teacher, secretary
Previous Marriage and long-term relationships:
- Mirta Diaz-Balart: to Born. 1926. Mirta was a philosophy student when she met Fidel and the University cafeteria when introduced to another by his brother Rafael in 1946. Although Mirta was warned against marrying Fidel, she was against the wishes of his family, and they married in a Church Roman Catholic in Banes, Oriente province, Cuba, October 12, 1948.
three long months in New York torque honeymoon was funded by the father of Mirta. They landed in Miami and took the train to New York.
- They divorced in 1955 when Fidel was in exile. The divorce was due to be unfaithful Fidel in addition to its lack of attention to their son, his numerous trips to the house, and lack of responsibility in finance.
Mirta married one of the political enemies of Fidel, Dr. Emilio Nunez Blanco, in October 1956. They had two daughters, Mirta and Silvia America. The two daughters live in Spain. Emilio died in July 06 of Alzheimer's disease
- Celia Sánchez Manduley :. Born May 9, 1920 in Manzanillo, Cuba. They lived together for almost 30 years, from the mid 1950s to 1980. Celia died of cancer on January 11, 1980.
Quotes Fidel Castro Marriage:
Georgie Anne Geyer: "It can hardly be considered accidental that all women Fidel became deeply involved were of a specific profile: all were top class, Americanized, English, beautiful (most but not all, were blond), and the "old families" who fought against the Spanish "
Source :. Guerrilla Prince: The Untold Story of Fidel Castro Georgie Anne Geyer, page 67.