Friday, October 28, 2016

Benazir Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari: Marriage Profile

Benazir Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari: Marriage Profile -

Bhutto arranged marriage to Asif Zardari in 1987 surprised many people. Their marriage endured the separation due to imprisonment and separation of Asif because of Benazir policy. Their marriage ended when Benazir was assassinated on December 27, 07.

Here is information about their arranged marriage, how they met, their marriage, children, and

News more updates:

06.09.08: "the widow [Asif Ali Zardari] of former leader Benazir Bhutto assassinated successor to Pervez Musharraf as president of Pakistan after winning a landslide victory in Saturday's elections"
Source: MSNBC.msn.com

Born:

Benazir Bhutto: 21. June 1953 in Karachi, Pakistan

Zardari: July 21, 1953 in Pakistan

Death

Benazir Bhutto. December 27, 07 in Rawalpindi, Pakistan Benazir Bhutto was 54 years old when she was murdered in a shooting and bombing attack combined, while attending a gathering

Bhutto / Zardari arranged marriage :.

in Pakistan, there is more respect given to married women than single women.
In addition, a single woman is not allowed to be head of state. This reality has helped Benazir take the decision to accept an arranged marriage.

After their arranged marriage was announced July 29, 1987, Asif sent Benazir roses every day and gave him a heartshaped ring with diamonds and sapphires. Benazir Asif had met five days before the public announcement of their winter wedding planned

A traditional wedding Almost :.

On December 18, 1987, in Clifton Palace garden in Karachi, Pakistan, Benazir and Asif had almost a traditional Pakistani wedding.

Concerned about how some Pakistani wedding traditions were extravagant and difficult for poor families, Benazir broke with tradition by trying to keep their wedding simple.

She eliminated dowry were only two shalwar kameez instead of traditional nearly 51 dresses and wore a single layer of jewelry.

Benazir wore a white silk tunic with gold-embroidery. Asif wore a turban and a cream-colored tunic.
Bhutto / Zardari wedding photo

Asif and Benazir and their families had several days of celebration.

The couple said 'yes' three times, and during their wedding ceremony Benazir and Asif looked in a mirror set so they can see themselves as a married couple for the first time. The sugar was milled over their heads so that their lives would be sweet.

Although their wedding ceremony was small and private, in the streets after their marriage, there were 100,000 political supporters dancing, singing, firing guns in the air, and enjoying fireworks

Children :.

Asif and Benazir have a son and two daughters

  • Bilawal :. He was born in September 1988. After the death of his mother, Benazir, Bilawal was appointed co-president with his father, Asif, the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP)
  • Bakhtwar :.
  • Aseefa:

Occupations

Benazir :. Former Prime Minister of Pakistan

Zardari :. Businessman, building contractor, a member of the National Assembly and Senator, member of the polo team Zardari Four

Residences

Zardari and Bhutto were a house with nine bedrooms on 355 acress in Rockwood, England. The house also has an indoor pool, a helicopter landing strip, and 15 acres of gardens

They also had a home in Dubai

Quotes of their marriage :. .

announcement Benazir her arranged marriage: "Conscious of my religious obligations and duty to my family, I am happy to proceed with my mother accepted marriage proposal."
Source: Christina Lamb, "My friendship of 20 years with Benazir Bhutto began his marriage," TimesOnLine.co.uk, 10/21/07

Benazir about the decision to have an arranged marriage :. "In a Muslim society, it is not done for women and men to meet, so it is very difficult to know each other, and my being the leader of the largest party opposition in Pakistan, he would have been a lot of rumors milling and bad for the image if I had chosen another course "
Source: Howell Raines." Benazir Bhutto marry in a pact of 2 families, "NYTimes.com, 07.31.1987

[ Benazir meet Asif " I met him, and because I felt it was nice and had a sense of humor and he seemed to be a tolerant person he could handle having a woman who had an independent career of his own, I thought it was wise to accept the proposal "
Source: Howell Raines," .. Benazir Bhutto marry in a pact of 2 families, "NYTimes.com, 07.31.1987

Benazir not be free to marry for love: "for me, the choice was not between a love marriage or an arranged marriage, but between accepting or not marry at all ... an arranged marriage may seem classic, but what is not traditional is the fact that I'm not giving up my identity or my career. If I thought it could affect my political career, I know I would never have taken this step. I'd never have married at any time. I have never sought personal happiness at the cost of my country. If people gave their lives for the cause of freedom and the constitutional order, then I probably would have sacrificed marriage and children "
Source: Tyler Marshall." Political Maverick Bows to Muslim custom, " Los Angeles Times [ 08/07/1987

Benazir on love and marriage: " I'm always told by my elders that love comes after marriage. in an arranged marriage, there is a mental commitment. you know that you marry someone and it will be a part of your life forever. it is a very strange kind mental journey, I have not read or heard, but feel my own experience "
Source: Steven R. Weisman," the Bride Wore White - 100,000 Sang Slogans "[ New York Times 19/12/1987

Benazir keep her own name :. "Benazir Bhutto does not cease to exist when she marries, she is the same person I keep my own name."
Source: ".. Joyous Pandemonium Erups Bhutto Man Weds chosen for her by her mother " Los Angeles Times 18/12/1987

on Asif not to leave, and imprisoned: " I can not abandon my wife and children I would rather die than abandon all "
Source: Claudia Dreifus".. Real-live dynasty, Benazir Bhutto, "NYTimes.com, 05/15, 1994.

More Quotes on Marriage Bhutto / Zardari

Related Posts

Benazir Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari: Marriage Profile
4/ 5
Oleh